REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. - Officials say that they have investigated the cause of the fire at the Atlantic Sands Hotel, in Rehoboth Beach.
The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office says that they have investigated the cause of a hotel fire that happened, in the 100 block of North Boardwalk, late Sunday night. According to the report, the fire at the Atlantic Sands Hotel started in the laundry area of the basement, as a result of a malfunction in a clothes dryer.
Authorities say the Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Company was assisted by Lewes and Bethany Beach Volunteer Fire Companies in responding to the flames. Officials say that alarm bells were ringing and evacuation was already in progress when responders arrived. Fire Marshal's Office officials say that occupants were allowed back into the hotel at approximately 1:30 AM.
The estimated total damages caused by this fire is $5,000.
- Ex-Air Force captain sentenced in child sex case
- Man arrested on theft charges in Talbot County
- Trump signs order, says zero tolerance continues
- Court upholds conviction of medical marijuana activist in Del.
- Gov. Hogan appoints Stanek to chair Public Service Commission
- United States to require more screening of powders in carry-on baggage