GEORGETOWN, Del. - Authorities are searching for an inmate who they say did not return from an approved work pass, in Georgetown.
The Delaware Department of Corrections says that Demetrius Bolden, an inmate at the Sussex Community Corrections Center, did not return from an approved work pass, on Thursday.
DOC officials say they issued a warrant for escape after conviction because, at this time, Bolden's whereabouts are unknown and unauthorized. According to the report, the 29-year-old is described as standing 5' 06" tall, weighing 275 lbs., with brown eyes and black hair. His last known address is in Seaford, DE.
Bolden is currently serving time for burglary third degree.
SCCC is a level four Community Corrections Center. Community Corrections Centers are level 4 facilities that helps those who are transitioning back into the community. Level four facilities are not secured like level five facilities. At level four facilities, offenders are allowed to leave the facility to go to work, seek jobs, or attend approved treatment sessions.
Anyone with information related to the whereabouts of Bolden is asked to call the Department of Corrections at 800-542-9524 or your local police department.
- Democrats unveil bill to ban assault-type rifles in Del.
- Del. woman, non-profit organization employee indicted on multiple fraud charges
- Unconscious driver arrested on DUI charges in Wicomico Co.
- Md. catholic school principal arrested on multiple DUI charges
- Smoke detectors being recalled as they may not detect smoke
- Mumps outbreak linked to Hispanic dance festival in Del.