REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. - Thanksgiving is three weeks away and while many people are getting ready to feast, not everyone is as fortunate.
That's why DART is hosting their annual "Stuff The Bus" to collect food donations for this upcoming holiday to give back to the Food Bank of Delaware.
1 in 8 Delawareans rely on the food bank for assistance, 25% are children.
They are collecting non-perishable items, such as canned goods.
In the past, they’ve collected 10 tons of food items and this year they are stepping it up for their 20th anniversary hoping to collect 20 tons.
They have about 50 volunteers helping out this week. If you can't donate, you can always sign up to volunteer.
Today was the first day of the food drive. They will continue moving up the state for the rest of the week.
"Stuff the Bus" collecting food at seven sites throughout the state:
Tuesday, November 7: Walmart, 939 N. DuPont Highway, Milford and Acme, North Dover Center, 1001 N. DuPont Highway, Dover, 8 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday, November 8: Acme, Fairfax Shopping Center, 1901 Concord Pike, Wilmington, 8 AM - 5 PM
Thursday, November 9: Rodney Square, Market Street side, Wilmington, 7 AM - 5 PM
Friday, November 10: Rodney Square, Market Street side, Wilmington, 7 AM - 1 PM
Saturday, November 11: Acme, Suburban Plaza, 100 Suburban Dr., Newark and Acme, 460 E. Main St., Middletown, 9 AM - 3 PM
- PRMC now offers minimally invasive brain surgery
- Salisbury traffic stop leads to drug charges for Pa. man
- Foodie Friday: Watermen's Inn
- UPDATE: International sex offender sentenced for rape of Del. child
- UPDATE: Wanted inmate in custody after escape from Del. correctional center
- Police search for suspects involved in Milford strong armed robbery