HARRINGTON, Del. -
People are having a blast in Harrington on the last day of the Delaware State fair for the 7th Annual Mountaire Chickin' Pickin' contest.
It's a contest that requires speed skill and agility.
The name definitely fits the game with folks picking cooked chickens as fast as they can and as many as they can in just a matter of minutes.
Five minutes to be exact.
One of the participants, Ken Boots tells 47 ABC, "You gotta be fierce with this competition nothing you can't do. As fast as you can get them bones ripped out get the skin out and shred the meat. You gotta shred the meat if you don't shred the meat no go."
All of the chicken picked will be donated to the Humane Society where they'll use it to make dog food.
- Mumps outbreak linked to Hispanic dance festival in Del.
- UPDATE: Gold Alert canceled for Harrington man
- Two charged in connection to Accomack County rape investigation
- Md. House OKs budget after school safety debate
- Officials rule Dorchester Co. fire as accidental
- UPDATE: Suspect arrested in connection to Del. shooting