SANDTOWN, Del. - (AP) - A crop duster has crashed in a Delaware bean field and police say the pilot has been taken to a hospital.
Delaware State Police said in a statement that the privately owned aircraft crashed Wednesday morning with one person aboard in the area of Sandtown, which is near the Maryland border and about 12 miles (20 kilometers) southwest of Dover.
Police say the pilot has been taken to a hospital with undetermined injuries.
Photos from the scene show the damaged yellow aircraft on its side in a field.
- PRMC now offers minimally invasive brain surgery
- Salisbury traffic stop leads to drug charges for Pa. man
- Foodie Friday: Watermen's Inn
- UPDATE: International sex offender sentenced for rape of Del. child
- UPDATE: Wanted inmate in custody after escape from Del. correctional center
- Police search for suspects involved in Milford strong armed robbery