DOVER, Del. - Back in 2015, a Delaware man, Cortez Hamilton, was accused of killing his wife, Keisha, with a hammer.
Monday morning, his trial was supposed to begin, but there was a delay.
Kent County Superior Court records showed that attorneys filed three new motions to suppress evidence.
You might recall an Amber Alert was issued for Keisha and Cortez’ two children back in 2015. Police later found Cortez with their two kids in Indiana.
Cortez Hamilton has been held at the James T. Vaughn Correctional Center since then.
Keisha’s body still remains missing to this day.
Those new motions hearings are set for September 14th and 15th.
A new trial date has not yet been set.
47ABC will follow this case and update our website and Facebook page as we learn more.
- Delaware cheerleading team in need of donations to compete in national championship
- DSU celebrates Dr. King's dream
- Made On Delmarva: XFire Bowstrings
- Community activists try to reclaim Martin Luther King Jr. Day through human billboard
- Berlin veterinarian talks about potential risks essential oils have on cats
- PRMC ranks in top 10% of all US hospitals