KENT COUNTY, Del. - A Cheswold man was sentenced this week in Kent County for raping his wife and then trying to have her killed.
51-year-old Mark Bartell of Cheswold, was sentenced to 24 years in prison after being convicted in March on two counts of second degree rape, one count of fourth degree rape and two counts of criminal solicitation.
Bartell raped his wife in her bedroom the morning after an argument in November 2015. After Bartell's arrest and imprisonment, he spoke with other inmates and tried to have them kill his wife.
Bartell was sentenced to 24 years in prison, followed by six months of home confinement or work release, then three years of probation.
He must also register as a tier three sex offender.
- Code Purple extends services as cold temps continue
- Police search for Del. man wanted on multiple charges
- Man charged in connection to 2017 incident at Somerset Co. Dept. of Social Services
- No one injured in Kent County house fire; cause identified
- Physician, 78, sentenced on Medicaid fraud, drug charges in Va.
- Deputies: Acetaminophen and oxycodone found during Dorchester Co. traffic stop; one arrested