LAUREL, Del. - A Bridgeville man is facing charges, after police say he engaged in sexual activity with a 7-year-old child.
The Laurel Police Department says on Thursday, 25-year-old John Young, of Bridgeville, was arrested in connection to an investigation involving a minor, in Laurel.
According to the report, law enforcement's investigation revealed that Young had sexual contact with a seven-year-old girl who was in his care. The incidents reportedly happened several times.
Young was charged with one count of rape in the second degree victim is less than 12 years old, two counts of unlawful sexual contact with a person who is less than 13 years of age, and three counts of felony endangering the welfare of a child.
The 25-year-old was turned over to the Sussex Correctional Institution in default of $100,000 secured bond. He was also issued a no contact order for the victims.
- Salisbury Mayor Jake Day discusses priorities of proposed FY 2019 budget
- New Maryland law aims to reduce demand for puppy mill dogs
- Cambridge showing new job opportunities through Facebook posts
- Investigation continues into controversial KIHS video
- Bus passenger arrested on drug charges in Md.
- Several Governors form group to study gun violence, offer solutions