MILTON, Del. - Delaware State Police troopers are conducting a death investigation after a body was discovered floating in the Broadkill River just after noon on Saturday.
Delaware State Police told 47ABC that no foul play is suspected.
At approximately 12:42 p.m. on Saturday, a couple boating in the Broadkill River, in the area north of Oyster Rocks Road, discovered an empty kayak, a cooler, and a body floating in the water.
Troopers, Department of Natural Resources Fish and Wildlife Officers, and fire personnel all responded to the area where the body was located and secured.
The adult male was removed from the scene and turned over to the Delaware Division of Forensic Science in order to confirm the man's identity and perform an autopsy to determine the cause and manner of death.
We will update our website and Facebook page as more information becomes available.
- Bill on past sexual assault evidence OK'd by Md. Senate
- Cash and jewelry taken in Dover burglary; investigation ongoing
- Former Del. government officials facing drug charges
- Md. House passes gun-control measures
- Police: Over $4,000 worth of stolen items fraudulently returned to Easton store; one charged
- Va. to give new ballot instructions after random draw