DOVER, Del. - Authorities are searching for an inmate who they say did not return from a work pass, in Dover.
The Delaware Department of Correction says 30-year-old Jordan McGowan, an inmate at the Morris Community Correctional Center in Dover, did not return from an approved work pass, on Saturday. Law enforcement reports that they have issued a warrant for escape after conviction, since McGowan's whereabouts are currently unknown and unauthorized at this time.
According to the report, McGowan is described as standing 5'10' tall, weighing 190 lbs., with hazel eyes and brown hair. His last known address is in Harrington, DE. McGowan is currently serving time for violation of probation-robbery second degree.
MCCC is a level four Community Corrections Center. Community Corrections Centers are level 4 facilities that helps those who are transitioning back into the community. Level four facilities are not secured like level five facilities. At level four facilities, offenders are allowed to leave the facility to go to work, seek jobs, or attend approved treatment sessions.
Anyone with information related to the whereabouts of McGowan is asked to call the Department of Corrections at 800-542-9524 or your local police department.
- One year after fire, Wicomico Yacht Club is halfway through rebuilding
- Delmarva families follow a Christmas star to Bethlehem
- Local coffee shop looking to revive Crisfield's downtown area
- Developmental center seeking mentors for program
- UPDATE: Smyrna prison riot lawsuit ends with over $7 Mil. settlement in Del.
- Woman pleads guilty to accessory to rape charges in Accomack Co.