DOVER, Del. - The Department of Correction is looking for a Dover inmate who they say did not return from an approved pass, in Delaware.
The Delaware DOC says 26-year-old Richard Henderson, an inmate at Morris Community Correctional Center (MCCC) in Dover, did not return from an approved Phase 3 pass, on Sunday. Authorities have apparently issued a warrant for escape after conviction, since Henderson's whereabouts are currently unknown and unauthorized at this time.
According to DOC officials, Henderson is described as standing 5'08" tall, weighing 165 lbs., with hazel eyes, and brown hair. His last know address is in Dover, DE. Henderson is currently serving time for violation of probation, theft less than $1,500.
MCCC is a level four Community Corrections Center. Community Corrections Centers are level 4 facilities that helps those who are transitioning back into the community. Level four facilities are not secured like level five facilities. At level four facilities, offenders are allowed to leave the facility to go to work, seek jobs, or attend approved treatment sessions.
Anyone with information related to the whereabouts of Henderson is asked to call the Department of Correction at 800-542-9524 or your local police department.
- Questions asked following end of neighborhood watch
- Resort town changes view of ocean for visitors
- JTVCC Inmate sues DOC over allege "torture" after uprising
- Salisbury officials celebrate groundbreaking of Riverwalk amphitheatre
- Man guilty on multiple charges after previous conviction in Del.
- Maryland Senators pay a visit to Salisbury University to discuss local issues