DOVER, Del. - The Department of Correction is looking for a Dover inmate who they say did not return from an approved pass, in Delaware.
The Delaware DOC says 26-year-old Richard Henderson, an inmate at Morris Community Correctional Center (MCCC) in Dover, did not return from an approved Phase 3 pass, on Sunday. Authorities have apparently issued a warrant for escape after conviction, since Henderson's whereabouts are currently unknown and unauthorized at this time.
According to DOC officials, Henderson is described as standing 5'08" tall, weighing 165 lbs., with hazel eyes, and brown hair. His last know address is in Dover, DE. Henderson is currently serving time for violation of probation, theft less than $1,500.
MCCC is a level four Community Corrections Center. Community Corrections Centers are level 4 facilities that helps those who are transitioning back into the community. Level four facilities are not secured like level five facilities. At level four facilities, offenders are allowed to leave the facility to go to work, seek jobs, or attend approved treatment sessions.
Anyone with information related to the whereabouts of Henderson is asked to call the Department of Correction at 800-542-9524 or your local police department.
- UPDATE: Gold alert for Millsboro man canceled
- Berlin man charged with DUI after reportedly crashing into trooper vehicle
- Four arrested for drug sales and possession near one year old
- Fatal vehicle accident on route 50 seven others injured.
- Businesses hope to attract new customers with festive event
- Travon Miles trains for his redemption with the Globetrotters