MILLSBORO, Del. - The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is investigating the early Friday morning burglary of Baker's Hardware in Millsboro where 14 firearms were stolen.
At around 12:30 AM, a suspect, or potentially multiple suspects, entered Baker's Hardware at 28547 DuPont Boulevard and took 13 handguns and one rife, officials said.
The ATF and the National Shooting Sports Foundation, a firearms industry trade association, are together offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspect or suspects responsible.
"The ATF, along with the Millsboro Police Department and our other law enforcement partners, are committed to ensuring that our communities are safe and that those who violate federal firearm laws are held accountable," Special Agent in Charge for the ATF Baltimore Field Division Daniel L. Board Jr. said. "Keeping illegal firearms from hitting the streets is ATF's number one priority."
Anyone who may have information on the burglary or location of the stolen weapons is urged to call the 24 hour ATF hotline at 1-888-283-8477 or send an email to ATFTips@atf.gov.
- Police: Officer shot, killed intervening in domestic dispute in Md.
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to Salisbury slashing
- U.S. Supreme Court: Dodd-Frank whistleblower protection is narrow
- Police: Suspects unsuccessful in getting property during Dover home invasion; investigation ongoing
- Traffic Alert: Lane closures for Route 1 NB announced for upcoming Kent Co. project
- Prison visits restricted as preventative flu measure in Del.