DELMARVA - Open enrollment for the Affordable Care Act begins nationwide Wednesday, November 1st.
That means residents across Delmarva can enroll for 2018 health insurance coverage.
But there are some changes. Open enrollment only lasts 6 weeks this year. In 2016, it was 13 weeks and in 2014 the timeframe was 26 weeks long.
This year plans won't automatically renew, like they previously did. So consumers should log on to confirm coverage for 2018.
In most cases, the deadline is December 15th.
To view plan options and insurers online: click here.
Delaware residents can also click here.
Marylanders can click here.
For more assistance, The Lower Shore Health Insurance Assistance Program is hosting the following Open Enrollment Events
“Beat the Rush” on Saturday, November 4 – 10am to 2 pm
● One Stop Job Market, 31901 Tri-County Way, Salisbury, MD 21804
● Ocean City Youth Health Center, 4 Caroline Street, Ocean City, MD 21842
“Last Chance” on Saturday, December 9 - 10am to 2 pm
● Wicomico Public Library, 122 S Division St, Salisbury, MD 21801
● Ocean Pines Library, 11107 Cathell Rd, Berlin, MD 21811
Certified and Trained Navigators will be at these events to help consumers enroll and educate in health insurance coverage through Maryland Health Connection.
- DeVos signs off on Maryland education plan opposed by Gov. Hogan
- Gov. Hogan provides highlights of his budget proposal
- General Assembly sends bail reform bill to Delaware governor
- WMDT hosts free VIP screening of 12 Strong
- Delmarva Power warns customers of new scam
- Coach creates youth wrestling league to make Delaware more competitive