LAUREL, Del. - More than one thousand people attended a free clinic in Laurel on March 18, 2017, which was hosted by Nanticoke Memorial Hospital.
The clinic has been running for five years, as it provides free screenings that measure multiple things.
For example, blood pressure and bone scans.
Their main goal is to educate those to have a healthy lifestyle.
A Nanticoke doctor, Dr. Joseph Kim, told 47 ABC, that he recommends one comprehensive screening a year depending on your age. The older you are, the more you may need to go.
We are told screenings are essential for your health, as events like these prevent things from becoming catastrophic.
Dr. Kim says they try to make the event bigger and better every year and this may have been the biggest turn out yet.
- County considers changes to scholarship fund
- AAA predicts record volume of drivers for Thanksgiving
- Medical marijuana dispensary coming to Smyrna in 2018
- Mountaire's Thanksgiving for Thousands draws hundreds of volunteers
- Governor enacts new rules for Lee statue rallies in Va.
- Man reportedly shot at New Church home, investigation ongoing