DAGSBORO, Del. - According to a press release by the Delaware State Police, the occurred at approximately 1:13 PM along US 113 and Clayton Street.
Police say 75-year-old Geraldine Scanlan of Philadelphia, PA was traveling southbound on US 113. Scanlan stopped at a red light in a turn lane but for unknown reasons proceeded through the light and crashed into a 2014 Honda Odyssey operated by a 44-year-old woman of Wilmington, DE.
Scanlan was transported to Beebe Medical Center where she was later pronounced dead.
The 44 year old woman and one of her passengers were injury free. The other, a child, suffered minor injuries.
Impairment does not appear to be a contributing factor to the crash.
- Updated U.S. Army Corps of Engineers called in to do an emergency dredging of Ocean City inlet
- Dover man convicted for role in 2017 robbery, assault
- Teen charged in connection to assault incident in Caroline Co.
- Man arrested in connection to armed robbery in Caroline Co.
- Police: Multiple vehicles, a home hit in Smyrna shooting; investigation ongoing
- Foodie Friday: Tacos Chabelita