MILFORD, Del. - Delaware State Police are investigating a fatal go-kart accident involving a 14-year old that occurred Wednesday afternoon in Milford.
According to a press release from the Delaware State Police the crash occurred at approximately 4:40 PM on Cedar Creek Road south of Wilkins Road.
A 2009 Toyota Camry driven by a 36-year-old Lincoln women was traveling southbound on Cedar Creek Road approaching the Go-Kart. We're told the teen was riding on the shoulder when he suddenly swerved and hit the front of the passing vehicle.
Police say the 36-year-old driver of the car was properly restrained and therefore did not sustain any injuries from the crash. The teen however, was ejected from the go-kart and was later pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators say impairment does not seem to be a factor in this crash. It took three hours to clear the scene and conduct a thorough investigation
The Delaware State Police Collision Reconstruction Unit is continuing their investigation into this incident.
- Md. House OKs budget after school safety debate
- Officials rule Dorchester Co. fire as accidental
- UPDATE: Suspect arrested in connection to Del. shooting
- Gov. Northam renews call for Medicaid expansion in Va.
- University of Md. professor tapped for Treasury post
- Juvenile killer loses appeal for prison assault in Del.