DELMARVA - A rash of traumas in our area in the past two week has put a strain on the local blood supply.
Now, Blood Bank of Delmarva is asking for the community's help.
Blood Bank welcomes all donors but they are asking for O Positive especially. It's one of the most common blood types.
We are told this rarely happens but with the high increase of traumas, they are now in need.
47 ABC spoke with a Blood Bank representative who says it's crucial for donors to donate in order to save lives.
Blood Bank of Delmarva has five fixed donor locations, two including Dover and Salisbury.
They also have more than 30 regularly scheduled mobile locations that go out every single day.
The nonprofit organization needs 350 donors a day to meet the needs of the hospitals served in the Delmarva region to ensure that more than 20,000 patients a year receive needed blood transfusions.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, click here, call 1 888 8-BLOOD-8 or download their free mobile app.
- Traffic stop turned pursuit leads to drug and weapon charges
- Rehoboth capital improvements focus of budget talks
- Questions asked following end of neighborhood watch
- Resort town changes view of ocean for visitors
- JTVCC Inmate sues DOC over allege "torture" after uprising
- Salisbury officials celebrate groundbreaking of Riverwalk amphitheatre