It's a little known form of debt collection, and its happening right here on Delmarva.
Today, 47 ABC learned a little more about Constable sales.
We learned that they are taking place year round.
And for those who don't know, it's a process of selling off a person's non-essential belongings to satisfy a debt.
Chief Magistrate, Alan Davis, says although most folks have never heard of a constable sale, many people will use this to get people to pay up.
- UPDATE: Leader of Del. criminal network sentenced
- Wicomico Co. house fire results in $100K in damages; investigation ongoing
- Texas bombing victim accepted at Oberlin before death
- UPDATE: Del. court rejects appeal of woman in daycare death
- Former teacher, coach pleads guilty to child porn charges in Md.
- Woman convicted for role in 2017 chase in Wicomico County