MARYLAND - A local grocery chain has announced a recall of some pork gravy varieties, due to allergen concerns.
Following a recall by Kraft Heinz, Giant Food says they have pulled Heinz Homestyle Pork Gravy off the shelves which may contain milk and soy, allergens that are not listed on the ingredient label. This product is safe to consume for those who do not suffer from a milk or soy allergy.
The following product is included in this recall:
- Heinz HomeStyle Gravy Pork, 12 oz, UPC 1300079890 with a Best By Date of 12/28/2017 and manufacturing code of MU6F04 4Q on the lid
People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk or soy may run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
Symptoms of food allergies typically appear from within a few minutes to two hours after a person has eaten the food to which he or she is allergic. Allergic reactions can include: hives; flushed skin or rash; tingling or itchy sensation in the mouth; face, tongue, or lip swelling; vomiting and/or diarrhea; abdominal cramps; coughing or wheezing; dizziness and/or lightheadedness; swelling of the throat and vocal cords; difficulty breathing; loss of consciousness.
Those who have purchased the Kraft Heniz product listed above, should throw away any unused portions, and bring their purchase receipt to Giant for a full refund.
Questions about the recall can be directed to Kraft Heinz Consumer Relations at 1-866-572-3808 or Giant Food Customer Service at 888-469-4426.
- Ocean City Wind Turbine Petition Gets Support from Mayor, City Council
- Officials seek new borrow areas for Ocean City beach replenishment project
- Southwest Airlines offers apology, $5K, to passengers on damaged jet
- UPDATE: Two arrested in connection with 2017 murder investigation
- UPDATE: Wicomico Co. man sentenced for 2017 rape of relative
- Foodie Friday: Blacksmith Bar & Restaurant