TO: ALL STAFF
DATE: 11 SEPTEMBER 2017
CONGRATULATIONS TO PHOTOGRAPHER MICHAEL BOSLEY who earned his drone certification this weekend!
BE FIT, STAY HEALTHY!
In an effort to do our part, 47ABC will once again offer free basic memberships to the local YMCA for all employees, full and part time, and their immediate families. The sign-up sheet for 4Q17 membership is posted by the employee entrance.
• If you are already signed up, please check your status and note any changes.
• If you have not been using your membership, and do not expect that to change, do NOT sign up. You can always sign up again when your personal situation changes.
• If you are not currently signed up and would like to use a membership, add your name to the bottom of the list and Linda DiGrazio will handle the details for you. You can find out more about what the basic membership includes by going to their website.
• The deadline for signups is 30 September. If you can’t find the answers on the website, see Linda DiGrazio with your questions. Be fit, stay healthy!
The Station will once again offer free flu shots to employees, full and part time, as well as their immediate households. We are currently working on the details of the 2017 trade and hope to confirm the date (probably October) in the fairly near future. As in other years, the shots will be administered in the Conference Rooms with, hopefully, a choice of sign up times.
OUT IN THE COMMUNITY
• Congratulations to Terri Mahoney who was named Volunteer of the Year by the Ocean City Chamber of Commerce. She will receive her award tomorrow night in Ocean City
at the Annual Awards Banquet. Phil Bankert and Greg LaFrance will be attending the event and helping her celebrate.
• This Friday is Third Friday in Downtown Salisbury and the celebration will be greater than ever. That is, of course, assuming we don’t have active hurricane residue in the area! In addition to the usual, there will be some of Wicomico County’s 150th Anniversary celebration events which will include the “Brothers of the Brush” contest judging, a Historical Pub Tour and unveiling of the newly restored Courthouse up-lighting. Free pub tours will take place at 5:30, 6 and 6:30PM complete with costumed tour guides and reenactors. You can register on-site in front of the Courthouse. 47 ABC is a Media Sponsor of the 2017 Third Friday events.
• Saturday is our CW Free Movie at 11AM at the Regal Cinema in the Center at Salisbury. The Lego “NINJAGO” movie is sponsored by South Pole Ice Cream in Seagull Square where you can get a pair of free tickets to take your favorite kids to the movies and, at the same time, indulge in a treat (whether or not you have the kids with you!).
SPECIAL THANKS TO DANIEL JOHNSON AND JUSTINA CORONEL!
• Special thanks to Daniel and Justina for arranging for the donation center in the kitchen for supplies to be sent to Houston. More special thanks to all of you who were able to contribute items. The boxes will be shipped out today with transportation donated by a local company.
MORE FREE STUFF!
• The winners of the three “Hot Bench” coffee mugs are Larry Fortino, Danielle Johnson and Dennis Goodman. Congratulations!
• The CW sent us three posters for each of these three current shows
The posters are on the table in the Conference Room. Help yourself. Offer good while supplies last!
Ravens fans….listen up!
The good folks at the Ravens office sent us four Ravens Together gift boxes each consisting of a t-shirt, a cozee, a lanyard and game schedules in a logo’d box plus the official Ravens 2017 Yearbook. We received four gift sets so we will have four winners. A sign-up sheet will go up later today and the drawing for the winners will be Friday morning. Winners will be announced in the next Monday Memo.
PRIMETIME SPECIALS ON 47 ABC THIS WEEK INCLUDE
• Tuesday at 8 = “Hand in Hand: A Benefit for Hurricane (Harvey) Relief”
• Wednesday at 10 = “The Good Doctor: Brilliance & Bravery”; a special edition of “20/20”
• Thursday at 9 = “Truth and Lies: The Murder of Laci Peterson”
• Saturday at 8 = College Football: Clemson Tigers @ Louisville Cardinals
LATE NIGHT SPECIALS ON ME-TV
• All this week at 11PM, Me-TV celebrates the Golden Anniversary of the Carol Burnett Show, presenting the most memorable moments from this great lady of comedy.
BIG DEALS THIS WEEK INCLUDE
• Monday = East Coast Pizza Connection in Pittsville ($20 voucher for $10)
• Wednesday = Executive Transportation in Bridgeville ($528 voucher for $264)
• Friday = Ky West in Ocean City ($20 voucher for $10)
• National Bake and Decorate Month
• National Honey Month
• National Mushroom Month
ALL THIS WEEK IS
• Kentucky Bourbon Week and Festival
SPECIAL DAYS THIS WEEK INCLUDE
• Today is Patriot Day
• Tomorrow is Chocolate Milkshake Day
• Wednesday is Kids Take Over the Kitchen Day
• Thursday is Cream Filled Donut Day
• Friday is National Tradesmen Day
• Saturday is Collect Rocks Day (or maybe you want to decorate some and share around Salisbury with the others already out there)
• Sunday is Citizenship Day
WE CURRENTLY HAVE THREE IMMEDIATE OPENINGS:
• MCO (part time/ fill in; potential for full time): see Ken Evans
• Media Specialist (full time): see Phil Bankert
• Sports Reporter (full time): See Sarah Truitt
In-house candidates are encouraged to contact the respective Supervisor at their earliest convenience. If you know of someone who has the necessary qualifications and would be a good addition to our Team, please share the information about these openings with them. Brief job descriptions are posted on both bulletin boards and applications and more information can be found on our website. Marquee Broadcasting, Inc., along with its holdings, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Make it a great week!
- Santa Paws helps local pet store raise money for charity
- Delmar Christmas Shoppers Fair helps raise money for local food pantry
- Reactions from Delmarva winter storm
- Boxes of sweets prepared to bring holiday cheer to troops
- Two Dover men arrested following lengthy drug investigation
- Delmarva event cancellations due to winter weather