TO: ALL STAFF
DATE: 16 OCTOBER 2017
PROMOTIONS THAT START FRIDAY
Starting Friday to air all next week is a promo for the Ryan Eldredges Political Insider Series on Chris Van Hollen: WMDT PI VanHollen Coming 15 - YouTube
Also starting Friday will be promotions for our November Gas Giveaway:
WMDT FallGas2017 30 - YouTube
CONGRATULATIONS TO Shawn Tedder, winner of the $25 Starbucks gift card.
FREE AND DISCOUNT OPPORTUNITIES
Our Station Freebie for this week is a Hot Bench cap. In fact, we have 4 caps, so we will have four winners. Hot Bench is one of the hottest syndicated shows and these caps are destined to be collector items! The signup sheet is on the bulletin board across from the time clock and, of course, the winner will be announced in the next Monday Memo.
- Discounted coupons for Kings Dominion’s Haunted Halloween are in a packet on the Station bulletin board across from the time clock. Help yourself!
- Any size coffee for a dollar at Wawa continues through Sunday.
- Garden Bros. Circus will be at the Civic Center on Sunday. Performances are scheduled for 1PM, 3:30PM and 6PM. We have about 60 free tickets for kids ages 2 – 13 but each child must be accompanied by a paying adult. Free tickets are valued at $8 each. If you would like one….or several….they are on the bulletin board by the time clock. When picking up tickets, keep
COMINGS AND GOINGS
- Scott James finished up on Friday
- Derek Sander starts as part time Studio Tech today
- Ed Czerwinski starts as full time Media Specialist today
OUT IN THE COMMUNITY:
Friday of a week ago, meteorologists Jaisol Martinez and Jean Vivola spoke to students at Fruitland Intermediate School. They visited in both the morning and afternoon classes to speak with third graders about broadcasting.
- Our day for Bell Ringing for the Salvation Army is set for Thursday, 14 December, 9AM to 8PM in front of the K-Mart on Route 50. There are still lots of great one-hour time slots available for volunteers. If you can spare an hour, please sign up.
- Remember to fill out and return your United Way payroll deduction forms to Tracy by the end of the month. Thanks for considering making a donation as part of your community service.
- This Friday is 3rd Friday in Downtown Salisbury. The theme for October is COMIC CON. Our Stations are a season-long media partner of 3rd Friday.
Saturday of a week ago, girls from Girl Scout Troop 86 visited the Station. They worked with News Director Sarah Truitt, Director Shamara Smith and Reporter Brooke Butler to earn their Media Journey badges. They learned all about how television broadcasting works and even recorded mini-newscasts.
On Thursday and Friday of last week, we had students from Fruitland Intermediate tour our Station. The 3rd graders were visited at school by two of our Meteorologists the week prior. The students sat in on the noon newscast and had a wonderful time.
ABC HAS SCHEDULED 3 HOLIDAY SPECIALS FOR THIS WEEK
- Thursday at 8PM = “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”
- Thursday at 8:30 = “Toy Story of TERROR!”
- Sunday at 8 = “America’s Funniest Home Videos” celebrates Halloween with a montage of kids’ reactions to scary Halloween decorations
CHANGES IN LOCALLY PRODUCED PROGRAMMING ON 47 ABC FOR THIS WEEK
- DSI moves from Saturday at 7PM to Sunday at 12:30PM
- There will be no 6PM Newscast on Saturday
“BIG DEALS” THIS WEEK INCLUDE
- Monday = 301 Devil’s Playground in Galena ($45 voucher for $22.50)
- Tuesday = The Shrimp Boat in Ocean City ($20 voucher for $10)
- Wednesday = The Red Door Sub Shop in Salisbury ($20 voucher for $10)
- Thursday = Frightland in Middletown ($40 voucher for $20)
- Friday = Micky Fins in Ocean City ($20 voucher for $10)
- Gay and Lesbian History Month
- National Bullying Prevention Awareness Month
- National Down Syndrome Awareness Month
THIS WEEK IS
- Bullying Bystanders Unite Week (Oct 15-21)
- National Character Counts Week
SPECIAL DAYS THIS WEEK INCLUDE
- Today is National Boss Day
- Tomorrow is Black Poetry Day
- Thursday is “Spirit Day” and, in support of ABC’s “Choose Kindness” and National Bullying Prevention Month, they suggest wearing purple with GLAAD in a stand against bullying and in support of LGBT youth
- Friday is National Mammography Day (and)
- Sunday is Mother-in-Law Day
WE CURRENTLY HAVE FOUR IMMEDIATE OPENINGS:
- MCO (part time/ fill in; potential for full time): see Ken Evans
- Media Specialist (full time): see Phil Bankert
- Commercial Producer/Editor (full time): See John Ebert
- MMJ/Producer (Full Time): See Sarah Truitt
In-house candidates are encouraged to contact the respective Supervisor at their earliest convenience. If you know of someone who has the necessary qualifications and would be a good addition to our Team, please share the information about these openings with them. Brief job descriptions are posted on both bulletin boards and applications and more information can be found on our website. Marquee Broadcasting, Inc., along with its holdings, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Make it a great week!
- Deputies: Salisbury man arrested after getting gas with company funds
- Locals vent frustration in meeting with Mountaire Farms
- Frosh hopes to lift financial regulation on legal marijuana industry
- Pinocchio makes move to exhibit ahead of debut
- Mountaire faces potential lawsuits
- Local church heading to DC for March For Life