TO: ALL STAFF
DATE: 6 NOVEMBER 2017
WELCOME ABOARD TO MEGAN WHITE
Megan White joins our Engineering Team today as a part-time Master Control Operator. Megan brings with her a wide range of technical and customer service skills. She is a Career and Technology graduate of Parkside High School here in Salisbury, earning a 3.2 GPA. Please join me in welcoming her to our Team.
CONGRATULATIONS to Jaime Roberts, winner of the pair of Dunkin Donuts mugs in last week’s drawing. There will be no drawing next week.
NOVEMBER RATINGS PERIOD
- • The November ratings period, generally referred to as “Sweeps”, will continue through the Wednesday before Thanksgiving for a total of four weeks. As always, I thank you for the good work that you do and encourage you to be especially vigilant during this period. If there is something that you believe would improve the products we take to the public (digital or broadcast), shoot me a note. I’ll be glad to check out any suggestions for improvement. Tips for news stories should go to Sarah Truitt.
ANNIVERSARY OF NOTE:
- • Jaime Roberts celebrates her 4th anniversary with our Stations today. Thanks, Jaime, we appreciate your many efforts on behalf of our Stations.
OUT IN THE COMMUNITY
Last Wednesday, I had on my schedule to attend a Station Recognition for our Community Service down at the Delmarva Discovery Center. When I arrived, it turned out to be a surprise recognition party for me, for my personal efforts. I was beyond surprised (stunned, would be a better word) and very touched. There were over 150 folks there including the Eastern Shore Delegation with proclamations, a citation from the Governor of Maryland and recognition from the Mayor of Pocomoke. Ray Hoy gave me “free tuition for life” 😊 from WorWic Community College and folks drove down from Carnegie Hall and presented me with a commemorative book and free admission when I’m in the City. It was an amazing party with so many well-wishers and left me absolutely speechless (I have since recovered from the “speechless” part). While we don’t do community service for the recognition, it’s so nice when it happens! Thanks to everybody who had a part in it.
- • Last Thursday, Phil Bankert and Breck Eady attended MCE’s Palmer Gillis Awards at Salisbury University.
Saturday Members of the News/ Weather/Sports Team helped with Mountaire’s Thanksgiving for Thousands Food Drive. We helped staff three locations and urged shoppers to make donations. Those donations will be used to help families in need for the Thanksgiving Holiday. A packing party will be held later this month. Volunteers included Julian Sadur, pictured here, Geoff Harris, Lissette Nunez, Kyleigh Panetta, Brooke Butler, Ryan Eldredge, Michael Bosley, Sarah Truitt and Bree Truitt.
- • Today at 2:30 is our quarterly Full Staff Meeting in the Studio. This is a social opportunity for you to get to know employees whom you have not already had an opportunity to meet and enjoy some pizza from Maya Bella’s. Bring your own beverage and any questions you may have about Station operations.
- • Today is also kick off day for our Winter Coat Drive. The drive will continue through December 3. This event is done in partnership with the Peninsula Dry Cleaners and McCready Hospital. Drop off points will be in the next Monday Memo and posted on the bulletin board for your convenience. All washed and dry cleaned coats will be given to organizations with the stipulation that they will provide the coats to those in need at no charge. Digital promotions start today; Broadcast promotions start tomorrow.
ABC’S SPECIALS THIS WEEK INCLUDE
- • Tonight at 10 = “Living Every Day: Luke Bryan”
- • Wednesday at 8 = “51st Annual CMA Awards”
- • Thursday at 10 = season finale of “The Inhumans”
- • Sunday 9 – 11 = “Shark Tank”/ ”Shark Tank”
HOLIDAY SPECIALS ON ME-TV
- • Sunday afternoon Holiday Specials start this week on Me-TV. If you would like a complete list for the season, shoot me an email and I’ll get that over to you. This week’s Sunday memorabilia specials include:
- o 1PM = “Facts of Life: The Christmas Show”
- o 1:30 = “Facts of Life: Christmas in the Big House”
- o 2PM = “Mama’s Family: Santa Mama”
- o 2:30 = “Mama’s Family: Mama Gets Goosed”
- o 3PM = “The Lucy Show: Together for Christmas”
- o 3:30 = “The Lucy Show: Lucy the Choirmaster”
LOCALLY PRODUCED PROGRAMMING ON 47 ABC FOR THIS WEEK
- • This Wednesday and Thursday, Ryan Eldredge will have a special report in the 5:30 News Hour about two cold case murders, one in Maryland and one in Delaware: “Unsolved”. We hope that someone will see it who can provide key information.
- • No 6PM Newscast on Saturday
“BIG DEALS” THIS WEEK INCLUDE
- • Monday = Sub Runners in Salisbury ($20 voucher for $10)
- • Tuesday = Peaky’s Restaurant in Princess Anne ($20 voucher for $10)
- • Wednesday = Café Milano in Seaford, DE ($20 voucher for $10)
- • Thursday = Lupo Italian Kitchen in Rehoboth Beach ($20 voucher for $10)
- • Friday = Fish On in Lewes, DE ($20 voucher for $10)
- • National Adoption Month
- • National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month
- • National Family Caregivers Month
ALL THIS WEEK IS
- • American Education Week
- • National Book Awards Week
SPECIAL DAYS THIS WEEK INCLUDE
- • Tomorrow = General Election Day
- • Wednesday = Cook Something Bold and Pungent Day
- • Thursday = 300th Show Anniversary of “Grey’s Anatomy”
- • Saturday = Veterans Day (Be sure to thank a Veteran)
- • Sunday = Happy Hour Day
WE CURRENTLY HAVE THREE IMMEDIATE OPENINGS:
- • MCO (part time/ fill in; potential for full time): see Ken Evans
- • Media Specialist (full time): see Phil Bankert
- • Photographer (full time): see Sarah Truitt
In-house candidates are encouraged to contact the respective Supervisor at their earliest convenience. If you know of someone who has the necessary qualifications and would be a good addition to our Team, please share the information about these openings with them. Brief job descriptions are posted on both bulletin boards and applications and more information can be found on our website. Marquee Broadcasting, Inc., along with its holdings, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Make it a great week!