TO: ALL STAFF
DATE: 13 NOVEMBER 2017
The Holidays are almost here and this weekend my home will be filled with family from PA, MO, TX and LA, in addition to friends who are like family who live locally for a total of 26 for dinner. Therefore, 😊, I am taking a “recuperative” day next Monday so there will not be a Monday Memo on the 20th. Since Thanksgiving falls next Thursday, please accept my best wishes for a wonderful day, filled with gratitude for all that we personally have and offering a hand up for those in need.
WELCOME TO OUR TEAM
Welcome aboard to Taylor Lumpkin. Taylor is joining our News Team today as MMJ/ Producer. She comes to us most recently from WAGM in Presque Isle, ME, where she worked as a Reporter/ Producer/ Digital Media Reporter. Her duties at WAGM included overseeing digital content from newsroom and managing web/ social media goals for the news staff as well as duties ranging from story development, shooting, editing, reporting (live and packages) through posting. Taylor served an editorial internship with the Philadelphia Weekly newspaper where she honed her writing and fact-checking skills. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Broadcast Journalism from Temple University in Philadelphia. Please join me in welcoming her to our Team.
OUT IN THE COMMUNITY
- • Wednesday morning at 7AM, I will represent our Stations at the Boy Scouts Prayer Breakfast at the Wicomico Youth and Civic Center
- • Wednesday at 4:30, I will represent our Stations at the Education Reception at CFES
- • Saturday is the “Crystal Gala” at Holloway Hall (we are Media Partner)
- • November 28 is “Giving Tuesday”, done in supporting partnership with CFES
- • Friday, 1 December, is the launch of our ION TV station
- • Friday, 1 December, is a Happy Hour Retirement Celebration for me at Reign, 5:30 – 7PM. All station employees and Weather Watchers are invited and I look forward to seeing you there.
- • Sunday, December 3 is the Salisbury Parade. It is likely that our new Weather Van will make its debut
- Our coat drive in partnership with McCready Hospital and Peninsula Dry Cleaners continues. For your convenience, a screen shot list of drop-off points is posted on the bulletin board across from the time clock. The coat drive will continue through 3 December.
- • Thursday, 14 December is our day for Red Kettle Bell Ringing for the local Salvation Army. As a reminder, this year we will be at the Kmart on Route 50. In the event of challenging weather, this area is much more protected than the old Giant location was. While we still have a few weeks for signup, we still have a long way to go with only half the time slots accounted for. Please check your calendars and see if you can volunteer for an hour.
This week’s Station Freebie is a small collection of promotional items for “Saving Hope”. You can sign up for your chance to win on the bulletin board across from the time clock. The drawing will be Friday morning and the winner announced in the next Monday Memo (27 November).
NOVEMBER RATINGS PERIOD
- • The November ratings period wraps up next Wednesday, 22 November. Thank you all for your attention to detail and suggestions for how to improve our product. We appreciate your efforts and your input and those suggestions are on the radar screen.
ABC’S SPECIALS THIS WEEK INCLUDE
- • Thursday, beginning at 8PM, is a series of winter finales
- o 8PM = “Grey’s Anatomy”
- o 9PM = “Scandal”
- o 10PM = “How to Get Away with Murder”
- • Friday, beginning at 8PM, is a 2-hour special “Once Upon a Time”
- • Sunday at 7PM = season finale of “The Toy Box”
- • Sunday, beginning at 8PM, is the “2017 American Music Awards”
And Thanksgiving week specials include
- • Next Tuesday (11/21) from 9-11 = season finale of “Dancing with the Stars”
- • Next Wednesday at 8 = “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving”
- • Next Wednesday at 10 = “Lights, Camera, Christmas! Inside Holiday Movie Classics”
- • Next Friday at 8 = “Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town”
DELMARVA’S CW3’S UPCOMING SPECIALS
- • Wednesday, 11/22, at 8PM = “iHeart Radio Music Festival”, night 1
- • Friday, 11/24, at 8PM = “iHeart Radio Music Festival”, night 2
HOLIDAY SPECIALS ON ME-TV
- • Sunday Holiday Specials this Sunday include
- o 1PM = “The Facts of Life: Christmas Baby”
- o 1:30 = “The Facts of Life: Post Christmas Card”
- o 2PM = “Saved by the Bell: A thanksgiving Story”
- o 2:30 = “Mama’s Family: An Ill Wind”
- o 3PM = “Happy Days: The First Thanksgiving”
- o 3:30 = “Cheers: Ill-Gotten Gains”
- o 4PM = “The Love Boat: Too Many Dads”
- o 6PM = “Touched by an Angel: An Unexpected Snow”
- o 9PM = Touched by an Angel: Heaven’s Portal”
- o 11:30 = “The Bob Newhart Show: An American Family”
And Thanksgiving week specials include
- o Wednesday, 11/22, at 8:30PM = “ALF: Turkey in the Straw Part 1”
- o Thanksgiving Day
- ♣ 8:30pm = “ALF: Turkey in the Straw Part 2”
- o Because of the enormity of Me-TV Holiday programming scheduled for Black Friday through Sunday, I have attached the 2-page release sent by the network.
LOCALLY PRODUCED PROGRAMMING ON 47 ABC FOR THIS WEEK
- • No 6PM Newscast this Saturday or next Saturday
- • Next Saturday, 11/25, DSI moves to Sunday at 12:30 PM following Ravens Rap
“BIG DEALS” THIS WEEK INCLUDE
- • Monday = Pellie & Polk BBQ in Salisbury ($20 voucher for $10)
- • Tuesday = Riverwalk Café in Salisbury ($20 voucher for $10)
- • Wednesday =Serendipity in Long Neck, DE ($20 voucher for $10)
- • Thursday = Planet Maze in Ocean City ($20 voucher for $10)
- • Friday = Sweet Serenity Chocolates & Desserts in Seaford ($20 voucher for $10)
“BIG DEALS” FOR NEXT WEEK INCLUDE
- • Monday = East Coast Pizza Connection in Pittsville ($20 voucher for $10)
- • Tuesday = Executive Transportation in Bridgeville ($528 voucher for $264)
- • Wednesday = OC Golf ($84 voucher for $40)
- • Thursday = Thanksgiving…..Happy Turkey Day!
- • Friday = Micky Fins in Ocean City ($20 voucher for $10)
SPECIAL DAYS INCLUDE
- • Wednesday = “America Recycles Day”
- • Thursday = “The Great American Smokeout”
- • Next Thursday is Thanksgiving
- • Next Friday is Black Friday (and) Native American Heritage Day
- • Next Saturday is “Small Business Saturday”
WE CURRENTLY HAVE THREE IMMEDIATE OPENINGS:
- • MCO (part time/ fill in; potential for full time): see Ken Evans
- • Media Specialist (full time): see Phil Bankert
- • Photographer (full time): see Sarah Truitt
In-house candidates are encouraged to contact the respective Supervisor at their earliest convenience. If you know of someone who has the necessary qualifications and would be a good addition to our Team, please share the information about these openings with them. Brief job descriptions are posted on both bulletin boards and applications and more information can be found on our website. Marquee Broadcasting, Inc., along with its holdings, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Make it a great week!
- Del. man charged with third DUI offense after Dover crash
- Wanted Easton man surrenders to police; man facing weapons and drug charges
- Deputies: Student tased after resisting arrest at Parkside High in Salisbury
- One dead in Ellendale hit and run crash; investigation ongoing
- Police: Man dead after two-vehicle crash in Laurel
- Dover Police: Over 60 bags of heroin, over $11K found in drug investigation; one charged