TO: ALL STAFF
DATE: 6 MARCH 2017
FULL STAFF MEETING ON MONDAY, 13 MARCH
Mark your calendars for next Monday at 2:30 when we will have a full staff meeting in the Studio. While it is not mandatory to attend, I encourage you to get it on your schedule if it works for you. We will
• Start promptly at 2:30 and wrap up no later than 3PM
• Pizza will be served, bring your own beverage, if you wish
• Department Heads will briefly introduce new hires and update you on anything that may not have appeared in the Monday Memo
• We will take questions and, if we don’t have the answers, we will get them for you
Following the introductions, it is your opportunity to circulate and get to know folks you may not have met before. We plan to continue these Full Staff Meetings on a quarterly basis, so the next one will be in June. The specific date for June will be announced closer to the time.
MEET OUR TWO NEWEST EMPLOYEES
Dorionne Brown, Media Specialist, joined our Sales Team this past Wednesday. She comes to us most recently from the Sales Team at Yelp, where she specialized in internet advertising and helping small businesses grow. Prior to Yelp, Dorionne was a Brand Sales Manager for Hain Celestial Group and a fundraiser for St. John’s University. She served internships at Viacom Media Networks, Coca-Cola Refreshments, Clear Channel Media and Entertainment and Katz Media Group. She is a graduate of St. John’s University Queens, NY where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Mass Communications with a focus in Sales and Marketing and a Minor in Sociology. Please join me in welcoming her to our Team.
Koro White joins our Team today as part time Studio Technician. He brings with him over three years of videography experience. His past experience includes Freelance Videographer (Tremendous Laughz Productions, Inc, Queens, NY), Television Writer (Cookibox Entertainment, NY), Production Assistant (Brooklyn International Film Festival) and Teaching Assistant, Film Instructor (Our World Neighborhood Charter School, Astoria, NY). Koro holds a Bachelors of Arts in Mass Communications from Howard University and Masters of Education from Mercy College in NY. Please join me in welcoming him to our Team.
OUT IN THE COMMUNITY
• We received a note of appreciation from the Marketing Excellence Club at Salisbury University for my participation in their Speed Branding project.
• The Station received a Certificate of appreciation for our support of the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
• The American Cancer Society, Holiday Wrappings Fashion Show and Luncheon fundraising committee, sent a note thanking us for supporting their event which raised over $40,000.
• This Friday and Saturday is Mission of Mercy (aka MOM) at the Wicomico Youth and Civic Center. MOM provides free adult dental care to hundreds and hundreds of needy adults who cannot otherwise afford it. Thanks to Teri Monahan who served on this year’s Committee and coordinated information, promotional needs and scheduling with 47ABC. We are a Media Partner of the event again this year and, in addition to the Station’s commitment, I want to thank all of you who have volunteered your support of the project.
AROUND THE STATION
• Engineers continue with upgrades of Studio Control and prepping Master Control for the WGTA equipment.
• Ed Murlatt will be coming in tonight to work with Bill this week on assessing needs for channel 29 migration
• Tuesday, an M&T representative will be here to perform an environmental assessment survey of this site and the tower site.
ANNIVERSARIES OF NOTE:
• John Ebert celebrates his 10th anniversary with our Stations today (and)
• Sarah Truitt celebrates her 14th anniversary with our Stations on Friday
COMINGS AND GOINGS
• Koro White will start with us today as part time Studio Tech (and)
• Jean Vivola, Meteorologist/Web Producer will start in News on Wednesday
SPECIALS THIS WEEK ON 47 ABC INCLUDE
• Monday at 9 = “The Bachelor: The Women Tell All”
• Tuesday at 10 = premiere of “People Icons”; this week is titled “Celebrity Love Stories”
• Wednesday at 10 = season premiere of “Designated Survivor”
• Thursday at 10 = season premiere of “The Catch”
• Sunday at 9 = premiere of “Time After Time” in its regular time period
• Sunday at 10 = season premiere of “American Crime”
CW HAS ONE SPECIAL THIS WEEK
• Friday at 9 = season finale of “The Vampire Diaries”
• The winner of last week’s Station Freebies (McCafe travel mugs) were Darryl Baxter and Shawn Conaway. As mentioned in the previous Monday Memo, we are now out of items for Station Freebies and will hiatus the project until further notice.
BIG DEALS THIS WEEK INCLUDE:
• Monday = Ky West in Ocean City ($20 voucher for $10)
• Wednesday = Café Milano in Seaford ($20 voucher for $10)
• Friday = Snappers in Cambridge ($30 voucher for $15)
• Irish-American Heritage Month
• National Kidney Month
• National Multiple Sclerosis Education and Awareness Month
ALL THIS WEEK IS
• National Consumer Protection Week
SPECIAL DAYS THIS WEEK INCLUDE
• Wednesday is Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day
• Friday is National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
• Saturday night, Daylight Savings time Begins
WE CURRENTLY HAVE FOUR IMMEDIATE OPENINGS:
• MCO (part time/ fill in): see Ken Evans
• Account Executive (full time): See Teri Monahan
• News Editor/Studio Technician (part time): See Josh Lynch
• News Producer (full time): See Sarah Truitt
In-house candidates are encouraged to contact the respective Supervisor at their earliest convenience. If you know of someone who has the necessary qualifications and would be a good addition to our Team, please share the information about these openings with them. Brief job descriptions are posted on both bulletin boards and applications and more information can be found on our website. Marquee Broadcasting, Inc., along with its holdings, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Make it a great week!
- Del. man charged with third DUI offense after Dover crash
- Wanted Easton man surrenders to police; man facing weapons and drug charges
- Deputies: Student tased after resisting arrest at Parkside High in Salisbury
- One dead in Ellendale hit and run crash; investigation ongoing
- Police: Man dead after two-vehicle crash in Laurel
- Dover Police: Over 60 bags of heroin, over $11K found in drug investigation; one charged