TO: ALL STAFF
DATE: 11 DECEMBER 2017
47 ABC and affiliated Stations welcome Darcie Balfany, Media Specialist, to our Sales Team. Darcie is a proven sales generator and while employed as a business-to-business sales rep, she exceeded sales goals, utilizing both consultative and transactional selling techniques. She holds a Bachelors Degree in Communications and Film Studies as well as a Masters Degree in Business Administration – Marketing, both from Lynn University in Boca Raton, FL. Darcie’s first day on the job is today.
Our Stations also welcome photographer William (B.L.) Strang-Moya to our News Team. He is a graduate of both Stephen Decatur High School and Towson University, with a degree from Towson in Electronic Media & Film. His previous work experience includes videographer for State Ventures LLC and photographer for The Towerlight (Towson University newspaper) and Barksdale Photo. Further information can be found on his website Strang-moya.com. Please join me in welcoming him as he also starts today.
STATION HOLIDAY FREEBIE GIFT BASKET was won by Asia Johnson. There will be no Station Freebie this week.
OUT IN THE COMMUNITY:
Last week, Terri Mahoney represented our Stations at the Holiday Wrappings fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. WMDT was a Gold Sponsor of the event. The event raised over $50,000.
- • Meteorologist Jean Vivola and Reporter Brooke Butler walked in the Georgetown Christmas Parade this past Thursday night (with Trevor Taylor at the wheel). It was another great promotion for both our Station and our brand new Mobile Weather Center.
- • On Thursday of last week, Julian Sadur took part in an event by the Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore. The program was to educate non-profit organizations on the best way to interact with the media. Attendees were thrilled at the useful tips for their organizations.
- • On Friday of last week, we wrapped up our Operation: Cookie Drop off. Friday afternoon, a teacher from Wi Hi set a record for donations when she delivered a large plastic bin with 900 cookies baked by her students. Thanks, Wi Hi, we appreciate your support of this project
- • Teri and I will represent the Station at the SBY Airport meeting tonight at 5PM
- • Wednesday morning, Leland Miller will represent our Stations at the Economic Development Meeting in Ocean City.
- • Thursday, all day, we will be ringing the bell for Salvation Army’s Red Kettle Drive. This year, our location is at K-Mart and the list of volunteers and times assigned is attached. At the present time, we still have two openings to complete the schedule. If, for some reason, you cannot fulfill your obligation, please find a replacement and advise your supervisor.
- • Thursday afternoon, I will represent our Stations at the “Wreaths Across America” veterans event at WYCC and coordinated by Perdue.
- • Friday at noon, I will represent our Stations at the Business Roundtable meeting at GSC
- • Friday evening is 3rd Friday in Downtown Salisbury. Come on out and see the ugly sweater contest!
ABC’S SPECIALS THIS WEEK INCLUDE
- • Tonight at 10 = “The Bachelor: Countdown to Arie”
- • Tomorrow is a night of winter finales all night: “The Middle”, “Fresh Off the Boat”, “black-ish”, “The Mayor” and “Kevin (Probably) Saves the World”
- • Wednesday is also a night full of winter finales for “The Goldbergs”, “Speechless”, “Modern Family”, “American Housewife” and “Designated Survivor”
- • Thursday at 8 = “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure” and “Disney’s Prep & Landing”
- • Friday at 8 = winter finale of “Once Upon a Time”
- • Saturday at 8 = “I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown”
- • Sunday at 7 = “The Sound of Music”
CW HOLIDAY SPECIALS INCLUDE:
- • Tomorrow at 8 = “Greatest Holiday Commercials Countdown 2017”
- • Tomorrow at 9 = “The Victoria Secret Fashion Show 2017”
- • Thursday at 8 = “iHeart Radio Jingle Ball 2017”
- • Friday at 8 = “The 86th Annual Hollywood Christmas Parade”
SUNDAY AFTERNOON ME-TV HOLIDAY SPECIALS
- • 1 – 3PM = “Little House on the Prairie: Bless all the Dear Children”
- • 3-3:30 = “The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Season”
- • 3:30 – 4PM = “The Mary Tyler Moore Show: Christmas and the Hardluck Kid II”
“BIG DEALS” THIS WEEK INCLUDE
- • Monday = Peaky’s Restaurant in Princess Anne ($20 voucher for $10)
- • Tuesday = Café Milano in Seaford ($20 voucher for $10)
- • Wednesday = Lupo Italian Kitchen in Rehoboth Beach ($20 voucher for $10)
- • Thursday = Fish On in Lewes ($20 voucher for $10)
- • Friday = Pellie & Polk in Salisbury ($20 voucher for $10)
- • Worldwide Food Service Safety Month
ALL THIS WEEK IS
- • Human Rights Week
SPECIAL DAYS THIS WEEK INCLUDE
- • Chanukah begins on Wednesday (12/13 < 12/20)
- • Friday is Cat Herders Day
- • Saturday is Underdog Day
- • Sunday is the 50th anniversary of the passing of the Clean Air Act
WE CURRENTLY HAVE TWO IMMEDIATE OPENINGS:
- • MCO (part time/ fill in; potential for full time): see Ken Evans
- • Morning/Noon Anchor (full time): See Sarah Truitt
In-house candidates are encouraged to contact the respective Supervisor at their earliest convenience. If you know of someone who has the necessary qualifications and would be a good addition to our Team, please share the information about these openings with them. Brief job descriptions are posted on both bulletin boards and applications and more information can be found on our website. Marquee Broadcasting, Inc., along with its holdings, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Make it a great week!
- A mother's Facebook plea helps put a sex offender back behind bars
- Wicomico County Department of Corrections awarded grant
- 19th Annual Boardwalkin' for Pets to take place Saturday
- Ocean City Wind Turbine Petition Gets Support from Mayor, City Council
- Officials seek new borrow areas for Ocean City beach replenishment project
- Southwest Airlines offers apology, $5K, to passengers on damaged jet